Forty five (45) newly elected executive members of the Students’ Union Government (SUG) and National Association of Kogi State Students (NAKOSS), Kogi State Polytechnic Chapter have been inaugurated.
At the inauguration and swearing-in ceremony for both students’ union bodies held on Wednesday 16th March, 2022 at the 500 seat capacity Lecture Theater of the Main Campus, 21 new executives members were of SUG while 24 were of the NAKOSS.
Chairman of the electoral committees for the two elections, Mr. Pedro Akande who thanked the Polytechnic management for the opportunity to conduct the polls appreciated the students and the newly elected executives for their diligence and orderliness that led to a peaceful, free, fair and credible election.
The Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr. Salisu Ogbo Usman who commended the electoral body for the successful conduct of the elections thanked the students for their support throughout the polls.
Dr. Usman also commended the robust cooperation between the management of the Polytechnic and the students that has helped in restoring the glory of the institution and reclaiming the dignity of the students.
While charging the newly elected SUG and NAKOSS leaderships to see their positions as avenues to offer selfless services, the Rector admonished them to work towards leaving good legacies that they can be remembered for.
He also warned the new NAKOSS and SUG leaderships as well as the entire students to promote peace and unity, and to avoid any form of divisive tendencies.
Dr. Usman however stressed the need for all students to be law-abiding and have respect for constituted authorities, just as he reassured them of the management’s continued commitment to making the Polytechnic an institution to be proud of.
In separate remarks, the Head of Legal Unit, Barrister Williams Ameh who also administered the oath of office for the newly elected members; the Chief Security Officer, Mr. Emmanuel Onuh Attah; and Dean, Directorate of Students Services, Mr. John Friday Otaru advised the newly elected students leaders to be honest, open and transparent in carrying out their duties.
They also charged the SUG and NAKOSS executives as well as the entire students to get acquainted with the Students’ Information Handbook so as to be familiar with the rules and regulations guiding them on campus.
The Presidents of the newly elected SUG and NAKOSS executives, Comrade Isah Abdulraheem and Comrade John Lamija Josiah appreciated the management of the Polytechnic and the entire students for the opportunities to lead the two students bodies, just as they pledged their unalloyed commitment to redefining the essence of students’ leadership, working towards delivering their prelection promises and keying into the Dr. Usman led administration’s remarkable blueprint on the Polytechnic to achieve their objectives.
All Principal Officers of the Polytechnic, Deans and Directors, immediate past executives of both SUG and NAKOSS as well as students were in attendance at the inauguration and swearing in ceremony.
The new Students’ Union Government (SUG) executives of the Polytechnic are:
- ISAH ABDULRAHEEM – PRESIDENT
- SAMUEL OLUSEYI VICTOR – VICE PRESIDENT I
- AMODU MUHAMMED – VICE PRESIDENT II
- UDEH PRECIOUS OBINNA – GENERAL SECRETARY
- TAHIRU EVELYN AHUOIZA – ASST. GEN. SECRETARY
- ADEYINKA OLUWASEYI DEBORAH – TREASURER
- SHUAIBU YAHAYA – FINANCIAL SECRETARY
- SULEIMAN KEBIRU – AUDITOR I
- JIBRIL LUKMAN – WELFARE DIRECTOR
- SHUAIB DAVID-SMILE UREDO – PRO I
- ANIFOWOSE OLUWAROTIMI AMOS – PRO II
- IDAKWO ZUWEIRA PRECIOUS – DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL I
- IDRIS MUHAMMED KEBIR – DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL II
- JIMOH UMAR FARUQ OZOUCHE – DIRECTOR OF SPORT I
15 .ASINBABA JOSHUA – DIRECTOR OF SPORT II
- ABDULLAHI YUSUF – SPEAKER
- IREYI ABDULLAHI – DEPUTY SPEAKER
- ADETOYI OJO ADEMOROTI – NON-INDIGENE REP.
- ABU MUSTAPHA – SERGEANT AT ARMS
- ONUH JOSEPH – BAILIFF
- AHMED ONIMISI ISMAILA – CHIEF WHIP.
The new NAKOSS executives of Kogi State Polytechnic are as follows:
- JOHN LAMIJA JOSIAH – PRESIDENT
2.PETER KINGSLEY ABUMHENRE – VICE PRESIDENT I
- ABDUL FELIX – VICE PRESIDENT II
- SHAIBU SHEHU – GEN. SECRETARY
- EGWEMI OJOMAJE MARVELOUS – ASST. GEN SEC
- OGWU MOSES – FINANCIAL SECRETARY
- AJAH SULEIMAN ONIMISI – ASST. FIN SEC
- OKUMOH WOSILAT ONIZE – TREASURER
- ARIYO LOVETH – AUDITOR
- ASALA OLAMILEKAN AYODEJI – P.R.O I
- OMALE GENESIS ONUCHE – P.R.O II
12 . OLUBIYO MOSES BIDEMI – DIRECTOR OF SPORT
- ABUBAKAR HARUNA GABI – DIRECTOR OF BURSARY
14 . MUHAMMED HADIJAT OMOTAYO – WELFARE I
- ALI AHMED TIJANI – WELFARE II
- ABDULSALAM ENESI ABDULLAHI – MR. NAKOSS
- SIYAKA JIBRIL OZOUEHE – DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL
- MUHAMMED ZULEIHAT OYIZA – DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORT
19 .PETER SAMUEL LASU – SENATE PRESIDENT
- ATITEBI OLUWASEGUN – CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
- HASSAN MUSTAPHA – CHIEF JUDGE
- UMAR MUSA – SPEAKER I
23 .ALHASSAN EKE – SPEAKER II
- EJIGBO REUBEN DANLADI – SENATE CLERK
Head, Public Relations and Protocol Unit.
Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.